With an average of 3 million active podcasts around the world, this phenomenon is gaining more and more value. Millionaire podcaster such as The Joe Rogan’s Experience is assembling an army of followers that enjoys listening to him more than watching Netflix. And this situation is so beneficial for all of us that wanted to have a voice in this world. Podcasting is not just a “niche” is a worldwide phenomenon and is spreading even in remote parts of the world such as the Amazon and Antarctica.
2022 is the year of Podcasting: no more expensive and complicated tools, you just need a microphone, recording software, and a computer with an internet connection. Even a microphone connected to your smartphone can do the work. Podcasting is extremely affordable and that is the good news!
In this very guide, our experts have tested and examined the top 3 essential software that you’ll ever need to start your own very special podcast.
Audacity is the most widely used program in the world. This free, opensource program offers basic recording features accessible on both Mac & Windows. That being said, its interface can look a little outdated and is a little complicated to navigate but it’s not a bad platform to try recording an audio podcast for free.
Audacity is not only a recorder. It comes with basic tools such as an editor, noise cancellation, audio equalizer, and other effects. This software is suited for audio recording only, wheter is a podcast, a narration, or a song, this software is perfect for all your audio projects. But If you’re recording a video podcast, you’ll have to try other recording software for your podcast.
Audacity is completely free and you can download it here.
Windows, Mac, and Linux devices.
- Clear interface
- Records at up to 32-bit, 44.1 kHz
- Effects and Editing tools: Noise reduction, amplifier, adjustable fading effects, and voice changer.
- 100% Free and openware.
- Editing tools and effects.
- Does not offer live call
- Moderate learning curve
- You and the guests have to be phisically on the spot where the recording is held.
Promo and Coupons
2. Adobe Audition
Like Audacity, Adobe Audition is a recording and editing software you can use for all your podcasting needs. The difference is that Adobe Audition has more professional tools on offer and comes with a medium price range.
Adobe Audition is better for those who already have some experience with audio editing, although it does offer useful recording templates which make the process a bit simpler. You can record separate tracks and add various sound effects or choose from a wide array of royalty-free music for your podcast. Considering, that this recording software is part of the Adobe suite, it also has easy integration with Premiere Pro. This is something to make note of if you’re planning on editing video podcasts on Premiere.
This is a great option for high-quality audio recording directly on your device, but if you’re looking to record with guests remotely, you might have to use additional software.
Adobe Audition offers a 7-day free trial, then it costs $20.99 per month.
macOS and Windows desktops.
- Live monitoring
- Templates for recording and editing
- Royalty-free music and effects library
- Professional editing tools and audio mixing effects
- Multitrack recording
- Advanced editing tools to create a professional podcast
- Easy integration with Premiere Pro (if you want to record a video podcast)
- Wide variety of recording templates
- Steep learning curve
Promo and Coupons
Expires On: 10/31/2022
Anchor is a well-known podcast hosting platform, this Spotify-owned service is also a great basic podcast recorder. You can record different audio segments directly on the browser or through Anchor’s mobile podcast recording app (great for podcasting on the go). It’s also possible to record with guests remotely using the Record With Friends feature on the same app.
The podcasting software only offers basic editing tools for splitting segments or adding transitions. You can, however, pin parts while recording which could help you with your editing.
Anchor is completely free and you sign-up here.
- Online remote recording with up to 5 guests
- Easy episode building from recorded segments
- Sponsorsored segments to add in adverts or sponsored material (US only)
- Integration with Spotify music to combine tracks to your podcast episodes
- Recording and distribution services on one podcast software
- Easy to use episode builder
- Completely free and does not require downloading anything
- Mobile app for podcasting on the go
- Limited editing tools
- Can only record segments of up to 30 minutes on Chrome and 5 minutes on Safari. (But you can record an unlimited amount of segments)
Promo and Coupons
Podcasting has become more and more handy and easy to start. Everyone with a good subject in mind and some cool guests can become known in this industry. You just need perseverance, creativity, and some basic editing and recording skills. But take courage, even if you don’t know where to start, Youtube is full of tutorials on how to start your own podcast show.